View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 04:27 AM   #6
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
Hi Everyone,

I had a scary moment with my 20 month old girl Bella. My wife and I had a BBQ with friends and family yesterday. Bella loves people and gets so excited. Because the gate to our yard was going to be open, we decided to leave Bella on our deck attached to her leach (which we usually do). My wife was with Bella cooking on the BBQ while I helped bring food from our guests cars. Bella likes to stick her head under the railings of our deck. This time, she decided to push herself off the deck. She was dangling at least 1 foot and a half to 2 ft off the ground from her neck. My wife screamed and I quickly ran over to Bella and grabbed her. She seems fine (thank GOD). My wife said that Bella was only dangling for seconds before I got to her. She is barking, playing, eating, shaking her head, getting into mischief....she's seems to be herself. She doesn't have any pain at all around her neck, ears, or throat. The fall didn't seem to phase her one bit. I think I was traumatized more than Bella. I do want to take her to the vet to get checked out but everyone is telling me that I don't have to because Bella is fine. She does seem fine but I want to make sure.

~Ricky
Great that you were right there - there was a longtime member here who's beautiful older yorkie girl was on a deck and I guess 'forgot' her limits on ....she took off running straight off the deck and landed many feet down....she didn't survive the fall and it was heartbreaking to hear that happened. The saving grace was hopefully it was instant but still - a very important thing to remember if you have a dog and a deck - an accident happens in seconds and in your case - you were VERY lucky !
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!