View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #17
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Sorry for posting some of what had already been written. You already got some great information and advice. Portraits are great when you use large apertures, but focusing is so critical. That's why I also keep mentioning the apertures 1.8 and 2.2. At 1.8, depending upon how close you are to the subject and also the focal length of the lens, sometimes it is difficult to get both eyes in focus. Most of the time in portraits, you want to focus on the eyes (although some pictures of noses and tongues as the focus of your pictures can also be adorable). Sometimes I have to bring the aperture to 2.8 to get both eyes fully focused with certain focal lengths. When I mentioned using a top knot, it was only to see if that was the reason why you were having trouble focusing, since the camera can't focus on flat black. I know that's not the case with Pippin, because she is so fluffy, but it can't be easy getting her in focus, especially since she is so active.

When you play around more, I'm sure we'll be able to come up with some more things. Enjoy all of your babies. I'd love to see pictures of every one of them when you have a chance. You have such a wonderful family! Murphy is gorgeous, as is the picture you took of him. I love his silky hair and his eyes.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!