View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
OhRomeo
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Hi and Welcome to YT!

Everyday is a new thing for a puppy! New situations, people, dogs....

Okay... forget the first class... the important thing is the very last class!

Point being... he is a puppy! First day of school who isn't distracted? Just go over his lesson everyday, once or twice for 10-15 minutes. He'll get it.
Don't expect perfection... if he can pay attention and makes any effort at all that's a good thing. Heck... if everyone did good on the first day, you wouldn't even need a class.

Go... learn (as much for you as him), RELAX, and have some fun! (He'll learn faster if you're not upset with him!)

Our first class, OMG, everybody barked at everybody else, owners yelling at their dogs... absolute CHAOS! And the last class, (brings a tear to my eye) all pups doing everything so close to perfect... owners acting human again... and the dogs, so quiet, sitting in a row, watching for their owners' next command.... truly unbelievable! Except of course my dog, who, whenever the trainer would approach, did an excitable pee thing on the floor.... Oh well! She passed us anyway!
Thank you so much! I was just so worried if I wasted my money. There were two dogs there who were almost perfect and it freaked me out because then I had Romeo pulling on the leash trying to play with his friend Howie the wholeeeee time. Haha.

I've been working with him today, and he's doing pretty well. The only problem is sometimes he just wants the treat so he'll snap out of the position and just jump to try and bite the treat out of my hand. Is that normal too, or do I just have an impatient, greedy dog? Hahaha.
OhRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!