View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

[QUOTE=edwardsmom;3210292]Well I'm in this section b/c i have been thinking about getting Edward a companion but he is not neutered and if i do get him a companion i would want her to have babies of her own with Edward. My fear is this how tough would it be if they mate and she gets pregnant? Very tough. But at least you are looking into what a serious decision this is.

How much does a c-section cost? It can vary widely depending upon complications, and of course where in the country that you live.
If the girl was Edwards size (5 1/2 lbs) about how many pups do you think she would be expecting?
what would be the best age for the female to try and mate them?
when they are doing it should i supervise?
what can i do if something goes wrong when they do it?
Any other things I should know? please feel free...

You've been given lots of good advice here, and there are more "stickies" in the library and in this section about breeding that you will want to read.

I would like to also support neutering your boy, and if money is an issue for you then perhaps look at a rescue for your girl. There are lots of lovely lady Yorkies looking for a good home.

Breeding is not for the inexperienced, you put your girls life at real risk during mating and whelping.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!