View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
Clairesyorkie
Yorkie Talker

Hello Everyone! Wow! What a response I am so grateful for your replies and offers of advice! I certainly need it lol

Tye is extremely keen to play, he infact starts the games! He brings the ball or best toy in the living room and plops in on the floor in front of you lol..

He plays ball in the garden with my 10 year old son, whom I have made aware that he could bite! So my son is very careful not to over do it.

I have asked my friend who is now in America if he has ever biten anyone when being picked up, she says no he hasnt. He just growls and shows his teeth.

We have been allowed to tickle and stroke his belly as he lays down with legs up in the air lol, Im guessing this too is a good sign he is accepting us as new owners. He greets us when we wake of a morning which is great!

Tye responds to commands and understand when he's been naughty, ie growling, aggressiveness.

something else that I have to question, Tye has never been neutered, Is he too old now to be done? and also as he is Epileptic would this be a prob?

Overall Tye is a good, loving, friendly little boy, I am going to take it steady with the "Picking up" issue. Would we both benefit from "Dog Training"??

I am so grateful for your replies, I very much look forward to becoming an experienced Dog owner.

In our household we have 8 cats, most of which are CPL and lost/found, A Horsfield Tortoise, Tye and 2 older childen 14 and 10 and a husband. Pretty much full i'd say lol...Wouldn't have it any other way!!

Claire
Clairesyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!