View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
JDS
YT 500 Club Member

Oh, okay...my LuLu was 1.2 lbs at 8 weeks. We didn't get to bring her home til she was almost 14 weeks. She weighs 2.2 lbs now at 14 weeks & is a wonderul puppy.

I'm not saying that you must use an x-pen. I was just sharing a different opinion & a few things to think about. I don't crate LuLu at all. I have a PetGear playpen to keep her in when she needs to be safe (while we are eating, cleaning,etc). She also sleeps in there at night right beside our bed. I put her bed, toys, food & water in there. But, I have the benefit of being able to take her out as often as is needed, so she doesn't need a pee pad area. I take her with us if we are going anywhere for more than a few hours. So far so good with things...only one accident in the house & it was totally my fault! I had taken her out to potty this morning, she peed & I thought she was done. Went back in & wasn't watching as closely as I should & she pooped. Lesson learned on my part.

I really hope you can talk your boss into letting you bring Fynnlie to work with you for at least a while. That would make training a little easier. Good luck with that...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Oh, BTW, I am very surprised to find out that LuLu is able to make it through the night (from about 10 pm to 5 am) without a potty break. I couldn't believe it, but she's done that every night since being here. I just be sure to get up promptly at 5 am to take her out. Now during the day, she goes out every couply of hours.
JDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!