View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #10
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
The differences would first be in angle - you should have a bit of a wider angle on the 35mm, which can be nice. So, sit in one place with both lenses - put the 50mm on and look at a subject, then put the 35mm lens on and look at the exact same area - you should see a wider area/angle.

The 35mm is a higher quality lens, in general, but differences caused by quality alone sometimes take more time to see, especially as you're getting used to the lens.

Another difference might be closest focus distance - what is the closest you can be w/ the 35mm where it still has the ability to focus? That's really helpful to know.

For the blur question....when shooting at wide apertures, your depth of field is so tiny - so if the subject moves *out* of the field that is in focus, then they are in the blurry area (very easily, w/ slightest move). The other consideration/cause there is the light - if you are also shooting in tough light, your shutter may be too slow - so that could also be what's causing the blur (or, are you using your flash?)?

I'd check first re. the closest focus distance.

So, do you mean...does it give you the "I'm in focus" indication, but shutter never engages? Or, does it just never focus? I'm thinking if it locks a focus, but doesn't engage, then I wonder what your flash setting is...ie, is your camera set to flash, but the flash isn't ready...or...?
I was shooting about 6:00-6:30pm so the light was good inside I thought. Other pictures shot just fine in the same exact light. But, I'm not sure what my flash setting is on right now. I'll have to check that.

Yes, it appears to me that everything is in focus but the shutter never engages. I did have instances where it would not focus also but that was when I was seeing how close I could get, and once when I was focusing on a gray object. So I'm certain it is focusing on these other shots just not snapping the picture.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!