View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #28
sashazx75
Currently Suspended!

Default cleft palate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breny View Post
I raised a cleft baby and she is 4 yrs old now. I would NOT put her to sleep if she is eating!!! She sounds like a fighter. It's a long haul but these babies are worth saving. My girl is here with me today and I'd never change a thing. Hers is in her soft pallet. I did not have hers fixed. She drinks from a.water bottle and eats hard kibble. I bottle fed her until almost 4 months. She was half the literate size and now she is normal size. They do catch up. Everything is just slower. It sounds like you are doing good. Go to the leerburg website and use that formula to feed. It has more calories per cc. I used this to raise Tia. Good luck. You can do it!!!!
hey there breny me again i took samson the 1 the emergency vet said had a cleft palate and would die on me to my vet this passed tues he does not have a cleft palate and him and his brother are doing good there eating wet food i feed them 4x a day they still feed from mom and they have water in there box all the time which they drink..but if anybody has a puppy with a cleft palate and the vet says put it down don't do it unless really nesecassary fight for these little guys i was fighting even though mine is good news still fight..thanks breny for your kind words..
sashazx75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!