View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #14
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

I agree. It's much safer to bring pup home than leave it there unwatched. Ellie was spayed with liver biopsy and still came home the same day (office was staffed 24/7, so they had every right to ask to keep her there).

I suppose it could be a money thing for some, but you are already paying a hospitalization fee for the day of spay/neuter. The night may actually be included. The reasoning I've heard is that some owners don't understand how to keep a dog quiet after surgery. The dogs who normally live outside will be put right back there and that would be a big problem. Also, other animals or kids in the house can be a distraction to sleeping. And the dog can't be checked out the next morning. I totally agree that they shouldn't be left, but I'm guessing some vets think the office is a quieter, and maybe even safer, place to rest. If they wanted the money that bad, they could just tack an extra $25 onto the surgery and then the techs wouldn't have to clean bathroom messes when they got there in the morning.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!