Thread: Supplements
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
Karrie
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
Just asking, but is there a reason you supplement so much? Is raw lacking in nutrients?
Ha - yes it does seem like a lot - huh!

My mother had the unfortunate experience of owning and loving a Bull Terrier with kidney failure. She had just retired and purchased this dog from a poor breeder (very sad situation). Treating the bully became her her main focus in retirement. Dog nutrition was at the top of her list.

As a result - I have benefited from her knowledge by providing a well rounded, fully nutritional diet for my Bailey - which includes all those supplements. She has helped many many people with special needs dogs and their diets. She is very knowledgeable.

Our raw diet is not the typical raw chicken-on-the bone; hence the bone meal. The safflower oil is to provide linoleic acid (an essential fatty acid not available in animal products); the fish oil is because I refuse to add smelly sardines to the dog food and then of course a multivitamin.

I almost listed Cheerios as a supplement - due fiber - but not sure all would see the humor?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!