View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #34
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon View Post
They were calling her Braylee, which is a pretty name but I'm not sure it suits her. I've found myself calling her Pippin (sort of a play on her being such a Pipsqueak ). So far, Pippin seems to fit.
I have always *loved* the name Pippin! I just think it is so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon View Post
Aww, thanks Ann!

I *think* I'm keeping her. Between her total cuteness and her fiesty little personality I'm pretty much in love with her already. I was a goner at first sight. Another day or two and I'll be wrapped around her paw just like I am with my other babies.

My pups are allowed on the furniture and they sleep with me in bed - I have ramps leading up to everything. Right now I can't see me letting her on anything without having a firm hold on her. Do you think when she's older it may be ok to let her up with the others?

I hadn't realized that Marcel was that small. How much does he way now?
Wait until she naps right upon your neck - it'll be OVER, just o-VER. Although, you do sound cooked already .

What we did when we first got Marcel is we brought his doughnut bed up onto the furniture if he was up with us....and tried to make him stay either in his bed or on us. Or, if he wanted to play - we reallllly guarded the entire situation, bc they just don't seem to "get" heights at first. Now, he can do sofas/beds fine (uses his stairs) - and we allow him to play on furniture, and he understands edges. But if he seems to be getting distracted while playing w/ Wylie, we still stay guarded - even now that he is 3. So, we might interrupt play a little if he isn't paying attention to edges of furniture. (and same for Pfeiffer for right now )

Marcel is now about 3lbs 2oz - but almost appears smaller bc he is so compact or something? He's nice and solid though, not frail - he's just a solid little body. He's very short in height and length, which makes him a bit more vulnerable (size wise), but we've learned to work around everything.

Oh! Thought of one thing we did for Marcel as a puppy. For the first 2 wks we had him, we'd give a pea of Nutrical right before bed time and right upon waking - since sleeping was such a long stretch and the tinies can get some of that waking hypo/stress sometimes...especially during transition times (when they first get to your home). We did that for 2 weeks, then tapered off. They're so energetic upon waking, so this can help w/ those bursts of energy.

She sounds so adorable!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!