Thread: Preception
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Donna,

I think I understand what you are saying. People judging you based on rumour, and then continuing the rumour without the facts. Instead of coming to you directly and asking you to explain your side or your reasons for saying what you said.

I know of one particular breeder that I had heard some horrible things about (breeding practices). I befriended this person to find out for myself. I was chastized by some very reputable breeders for doing so. However, I had to find out for myself if what was being said based on fact or idle gossip. What I found was the rumours were not unfounded. But, at least I went directly to the person and found out for myself.
Yup Mary exactly. As the old saying goes, there is always two sides to every story and if you want to know why one says or do things a certain way just ask and not assume even after meeting them for the first time....
You know, I'm guilty of pre-judging a breeder/exhibitor...I use to not like a breeder/exhibitor because I thought they were snobbish, rude and not someone I wanted to be friends with at one time but when I got to know this person more I really found out my feelings about them were totally wrong and out of line. Sometimes I get a vibe about someone and it was actually wrong with this person...most of the time my gut feelings are right but in this case I was wrong and I'm glad I found out I was wrong about this breeder/exhibitor! Now we are great friends and I could have missed out on a great friendship had I not got to know them
But with me at least you know what/how I think and feel when ya meet me, either you'll like me or not. Some people just don't mesh. As I said, some come into your life to stay and some go and there is a reason for that!

Donna
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!