Thread: Preception
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
I read a post today and got a really good chuckle out of it....talked about a breeder/exhibitor that is rude and tells it like it is and why do I see it as someone living in a glass house throwing stones? Maybe take a look at oneself before casting that stone....
Yes, I admit I can be blunt and it taken as rude or yes I've said some bad things about breeders/exhibitors in private at my set up but nothing I wouldn't say straight up to the one I said it about at least you know what I'm thinking and not pretending to be something I'm not but the question I want to ask is...if one thinks I"m blunt and or rude, insenstive or said something bad did one think to ask why I felt that way and ask for an explantion? I never remember being asked why I have/had felt that way. Maybe if I would have been asked "why" maybe some would have a better understanding as to why I say what I do or do the things I do. But I will say this....I am who I am, take it or leave it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I know I can sleep at night knowing I'm doing the best for my dogs and doing things the right way. One might not like my way of saying or doing things but before you pre-judge me ask me why I do and say the things I do before casting a stone because one can't tell me they don't do the same at one time or another at least I can do it to one's face. I may be nice ringside, congratulate you because it is the right thing to do but doesn't mean I have to like you. There are many I don't care for but the professional thing to do is congratulate and be nice when you need to be out of professional courtesy. I just wish more breeders/exhibitors were more upfront and blunt as that is what I was taught. Don't let other run over you. I've learned a valuable lesson in the dog show world. People come into your life for a reason and some leave for a reason....those that stay in your life accept you not turn on you....those that leave didn't belong there anyway. Learn to accept many people because when you pre-judge you just might lose valuable information and yes believe it or not a valuable and good person.
Just saying.......

Donna
Donna,

I think I understand what you are saying. People judging you based on rumour, and then continuing the rumour without the facts. Instead of coming to you directly and asking you to explain your side or your reasons for saying what you said.

I know of one particular breeder that I had heard some horrible things about (breeding practices). I befriended this person to find out for myself. I was chastized by some very reputable breeders for doing so. However, I had to find out for myself if what was being said based on fact or idle gossip. What I found was the rumours were not unfounded. But, at least I went directly to the person and found out for myself.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!