View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 05:10 AM   #8
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
I don't think I have ever heard of being charged by weight?. But then again, I only have small dogs and never asked. However, it is so expensive for a small dog (at my vet) that I can't image they charge by weight because for a large dog, that would cost as much as a small car
I've had 2 of mine done - one spay, one neuter and my vet is great! Totally trust him other than such an expensive place. My co-worker quit going there due to what they charge and started seeing a mobile vet.

Yeah I priced several vets. When I was taking Harley to be fixed, my vet came to $400 which included me having the surgery, blood work, I paid for a bunch of his upcoming vaccines, and purchased 3 months wormer

I can't remember the price, but the one in the city was really high, and didn't separate prices for weight. I refused to pay the same price for my dog 3lb as an 80lb dog.

The vacines and wormers also work the same way... when I call for something they ask the weight... I hear her reading off a chart, she read me everything for under 10lb dogs.

I'm previously a horse owner so I thought it weird to at first, those vet bills were just always astromonical. anyways.
deonk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!