View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
ashleyk0620
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Worried about Ziggy- possible PLE

Hello Yorkie Lovers!

I have been a member of this site for a while and enjoy reading posts from time to time but this is my first post.

My yorkie Ziggy is almost 3 years old and he is currently very sick and at the veterinary hospital. 2 days ago I came home to find him vomiting with diarrhea and he was very lethargic, so we took him in. He was given some anti-nausea meds and also Flagyl which we have been giving him twice a day. His lethargy has not improved at all... the last 3 days he has been a completely different dog and hasn't shown interest in playing or anything at all. Today when the vomiting began again I took him back to the vet.

A similar episode like this happened about a year ago when they discovered Ziggy had low albumin levels... they did a lot of tests to rule out liver disease and other things, and eventually thought he probably had protein losing enteropathy and recommended a very expensive intestinal biopsy surgery. We were looking into the surgery but then Ziggy's albumin levels went back to normal and he was doing great ever since. We've been monitoring his levels through bloodwork every 6-8 weeks or so since then and he has been normal every time, so the vet did not seem concerned.

However, now his levels are back to being low (1.9) and they are suspecting PLE again. Does any one have anything to share about PLE, or has anyone's pup gone through the intestinal biopsy surgery? Is it normal that his levels were low a year ago but then returned back to normal with no treatment? I'd really appreciate any information. I'm very worried about my little Ziggy as he is truly the love of my life. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my story.

Ashley
ashleyk0620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!