Thread: Good or Bad??
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #2
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Hi there,

I cannot comment on whether that is the perfect solution or not but have a few suggestions...

What is the kibble you are feeding. When I got my puppy my breeder was involved in a breeder program for a not so great food. After several problems with her dogs and the puppies in that particular litter we switched. All of the pickyness was eliminated.

My boy is really small I don't even think he has hit 3.4lbs yet, and this is what I feed him:
he has free range to his kibble, however I only fill it twice a day if he runs out, he usually eats less than 1/4 cup a day of a great quality feed, (I feed NOW! and am very happy with the brand) to help make things taste better, and eliminate cooking, I feed a small amount of Trippet (beef tripe) daily. I take one of the smaller cans and divide it into 8, he gets an 8th in the morning and an 8th at night. (WARNING: tripe really stinks. if you are going to feed this and you like kisses from your dog, I recommend purchasing good smelling dental sticks and feed (appropriately) daily, or get in the habit of teeth brushing). I can recommend some of those if you like too.

Good luck, and remember 3.4lbs is really small, if you are feeding a good quality feed like NOW! they wont eat much. The key is to assure there is no grain or wheat, and no by-products. I found switching to a grain free really made a HUGE difference in Harley's eating habits.
deonk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!