View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 12:08 AM   #9
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

What I don't understand from your post is why she is getting a SECOND shot in only 6 months. Even by most state laws now a rabies shot is good for three years isn't it? I have received waivers from my vet for mine and they will not have another rabies shot as I feel they are unnecessary since there has not been a case of canine rabies in my county or the nearby areas in over 25 years. I dogs are small and not alone outside or ever left unsupervised. I know this is not for everyone but I explain this because I am not completely sure of the protocols because I am not concerned about my dogs.

I am very opposed to excess vaccines and the damage this does to the health of otherwise healthy pets. You can always request a vlood test before a vaccine to see if the dog has an immunity. To kust give shots on a schedule your vet has imposed for all dogs is not appropriate because vaccines are nt without side effects, some of which are serious. Please read up on Over Vaccination especially now that your baby has had a bad reaction. (Any reaction is a bad reaction) I would ask your vet for a waiver from further rabies on the grounds that another one may be life threatening.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!