View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
magnoliamommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thank you for your reply. I have been reading about it on the internet. The Emergency Vet Clinic (to which we were sent) is where the CT was done. What they have told us is that this was probably a condition she was born with. I have no idea why it has just begun to show up and apparently with a vengence. We have taken her to 3 different clinics 5 different times during the last two weeks. She had to stay in the hospital for two nights. After all of this she is even worse. She just lays her head on my chest and we sit together at every opportunity. I have had other pets in my life, but nothing, nothing has broken my heart as much as watching her go through this. At this time we are waiting for a prescription of Omeprazole (Prilosec) which has to be compounded specially in small doses for her. This medication that we know as being given for stomach acid also decreases the production of cerebrospinal fluid. She is so special. My husband and I have raised her since she was less than 24 hours old. Her mom died after a cesearean section. We bottle fed every 2 hours, took her everywhere with us because she had to be fed so often, and have actually been her world. Now I feel like I cant do anything for her.
magnoliamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!