Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
lynnelily
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

my littlest one tested positive for it and my oldest one. I had them tested after the oldest was sick with diarrhea and the little one start getting running poop. We have a stray cat that has been leaving little surprises on my deck and teasing my dogs slowly walking pass my patio door. A little while back I caught Chloe running around with a big piece in her mouth (yucky) and she must have ingested some. My vet said it was passed from the infected animals poop. So I would get your tested. I've had all their poop tested when they went in for the shots a few weeks ago and they were all clear before this happened. Now I have 4 dogs on medication. I have a 9 year old Maltese as well but he has never shown an interest in eating poop like Chloe. My vet said pups love it because it full of protein gross. So I'm keeping the little ones in the house now and washing my Maltese paws when he comes in. I've also disinfected with a bleach solution everything. I don't know how to keep the cat away so it doesn't happen again. I would like to catch it and take it to the human society so it can get vet care and a home.
lynnelily is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!