View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
MyBabyFynnlie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Unlove Do I have a right...?

Back in February I was in the mall, meeting up with my friend who works there for dinner. While I was waiting, I saw these two girls carrying two Yorkie puppies around! Of course, I had to fawn over them. Later, I saw a lady carrying the same puppies around! We fawned over them again and got to talking. She told me about them and about herself. After a long while of talking, she told me it was her friend who bred the puppies! She then told me that if I was interested in one, she'd keep my information and call me when the next litter had been born. Naturally, I gave her all of my info. We'd kept in touch and finally, two-ish weeks ago, she called to tell me that the pups were born and I'd be getting one! Clearly, I was excited.

So, Friday, she gave the phone number to the breeder and I called to ask her some questions - normal about food, health, weight, size of parents so on and so forth. She was the RUDEST woman I have EVER had the pleasure of talking to in my LIFE. She gave me one word answers, tried to tell me that the price was nearly DOUBLE what our mutual friend had told me. It broke my heart! I was freaking out! There was no way I would be able to pay double! I called our friend back and told her what the breeder had said and she freaked out, too! She couldn't believe it! So, she called the breeder, promising to call me back later. I waited and waited and waited for what seemed like HOURS for her to call me back. It wasn't that long, in retrospect, but it felt like years!

It turns out, that the breeder said that I was rude to her! That I attacked her! Asking her all of these rude questions, saying that I made her feel like she was inferior and stupid! I did NO such thing! I was just trying to ask the 'normal' questions to a breeder about their dogs! Our friend said that the breeder is just like that. That she doesn't like new people and she's kinda rude all the time. Our friend said that it was just how she is and not to think on it any more. That she had paid for the puppy so the breeder couldn't say she hadn't received payment for him. Apparently, she's done that to people before when she 'didn't like them' over the phone.

Do I have the right to ask her these questions? To talk to her about my puppy? Do I have the right to be upset? I think so! I just... GRRR!

Sorry for the rant.. I just needed to get that off of my chest. It's been bothering me since Friday!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!