View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRe1 View Post
thanks - i was following the story of the lady (i am new at this should have wrote down her name) who saved those babies this week - I am considering adoption .... now I have to think about the difference.
any thoughts
I don't think it was in your state. I will have to look up the thread and can post a link for you.

There is a large difference in buying a pup that has been home raised since birth by a reputable breeder versus buying a rescue dog. Rescue dogs can and often do come with a set of issues, and you will need to be interviewed just the same as with a reputable breeder.

Sometimes we get an idea in our head, the time is right for me, I want a new pup now, oh how can I get one to fit into my time table?

My advice is take your vacation to begin your research in breeders, in rescue dogs, and in taking a firm look at your finances, so that you know you can care for the dog should your pup end up with any health issues.

It is more than heartbreaking for all concerned if your pup ends up with a medical need that you can't afford to fix.

Look at the cost of pet insurance, weigh the pros n cons of it. Then look at annual vet bills for normal expenses of shots, annual health checks, etc.
Grooming, will you do that yourself? toys, treats, leashes, leads, and training are all costs too.

We dearly love our Yorkies, but there are some prevalent and serious health concerns with them. do your research on health problems with Yorkies.

This is an exciting time for you, ready to bring another life into yours. Ready to love a wee one again. But take the time, to give your logical side a time to work. Evaluate, assess, weigh.

After you've done your homework, then one day you will welcome a precious life into yours.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!