View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #14
jujubee008
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by srhite View Post
Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us! We just got a 9 month of female Yorkie from a breeder named Bella. It sounds like Bella has a lot of the same issues your puppy mill dog had. It's good to hear that things work themselves out with love and patience! How did your dog get over being alone? I saw you said it took 6 months but wondering what you did? Did he just have to bark it out while you were gone? I worry about the neighbors, not the dog in her crate who is safe but upset.

We are having potty training issues too. Pads worked great at first now all she wants to do is play and be loved even when we ignore her. Just don't know how to calm her down to do her business. Trying to litter box train since we have no yard.

Your trips were great and encouraging.

Again, thanks!
Stacy
He just barked and barked and barked. When he would bark I would spray him with a water bottle and say "No Bark". That seemed to work for about 2 min. Then he would bark again and the process started over again. I would just keep telling him "No Bark". We live in a condo so I know the feeling of not having it yard.... and it sucks. We made a "petta potty" (google or search on YT) and put real grass in it. Everytime they would get off the grass and start sniffing somewhere else we would just put them back on the grass and tell the "Go Potty". It takes so much patiences. And if we caught then doing their business in the house I would tell them no and take them outside onto the grass and again just say "Go Potty". Just hang it there!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!