View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
Rachael x
Poppy's Mamma ♥
Donating Member

That looks great! gunna be one lucky pup!
I agree with the tip of extra pads though.
I have my pup in a pen seen as she HATES her crate and its too big for her at the moment anyway.
At first I had the one pad in and shes pretty good at going on them but she tends to wee right on the edge or if shes having a poop she sometimes walks around, so she will start off on the pad but walk a bit half way through and end up walking off.
So I put 2 pads in next to each other to give her that little bit extra room, when she's older I will go back to the one pad.
She has also started to shred them so any tips on stopping her doing that I would be grateful for!
And yeah you are in store for many sleepless nights lol, Pops will cry if shes had a poop on her pad because she dosnt like it being there lol so she will cry till I wake up and put a new pad out, then she usually wakes up fully around 5/6am! :O
So yeah I would recommend when she sleeps you try and get some shut eye too!
It gets better though, when we first brought her home she cried around 4-5 times a night. Now she just cries when she wakes up for her breakfast unless shes gone poopy on her pad
Congrats on your new baby cant wait to see pics!
Also make sure you have plenty of chew toys available to save your poor fingers from those mega sharp puppy teeth!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!