View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #45
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnzeppi View Post
Just last week, I was on business travel and the GF tells me my 2 y.o., Gatsby is walking on 3 legs. I advised the vet, and he was diagnosed with level 3 LP! Very sad to see him hobble around when he was SO active and loved to play fetch for hours. He still wants to play but he is supposed to stay still for a while, so now its tug O war vs fetch.

I will get him operated on. He cannot live well with level 3, walking around on 3 legs when his knee pops out and not playing like he did only 2 weeks ago. I'm very upset for him over this, but I am hoping that if I go to a board certified surgeon and take care of it, he will be back to his old self eventually. I can't imagine supplements having much impact based on this level of his condition.

His sister (not genetic) is supposed to have level 1, but I won't do anything about that other than supplements. I agree not to worry too much about level 1, I cant get Daisy to stop jumping, but do pick her up when she starts with that.

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby having level 3. I know how it saddens you to see her not be able to play like before. It's so hard to keep them from jumping. Mine loves to jump, run and play. I guess they all do.

I already have Boop on glucosamine/chondroitin. I'm hoping that this will lube the joints enough to help her since she is only LP-1.

Good luck with whatever decision you make. Please post again when and if it comes time for you to make a decision. I will keep little Gatsby in my prayers.

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!