Thread: Grey Hair?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #14
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topknot View Post
I am just guessing from the photo. I told you photos are hard to tell from. He seems to have a real fluffy chest and think hair on his ears, giving me the guess he is cottony/soft coated. You have a sweater or something on his body and he is sitting down, so this really his a hard photo to tell from. Look at his feet - are there a lot of coat on his feet and legs? Does his tan and blue reflect light? Is his coat cool to the touch.

Are his parents champions?? Back in the 80s there were quite a few yorkies that were champions with thicker coats. Sometimes this creeps back in to some lines. Yorkies are so hard to determine which pups will make show or not, especially due to coats - this is why we have to wait so long and hold on to our babies so long to see how they develope. Soft coated yorkies can also be grey in the head and then clear later - I have one. I will see if I can find a photo of him. Again - with yorkies coats it is hard for us to make guarantee pretictions, so we can only guess with pups till they mature. Since he is still only 1 you have a better guess now, but still will have to wait and see how he actually develops.
I didn't know this, thanks for the information.

Join today and remove this ad!