Thread: New Puppy
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
megan_kat22
I love my boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie
Hi, I am new to this forum. I will be bringing my Yorkie home next weekend and I have a few of questions.
1. I have a 5 1/2 year old Shih Tzu that will be going with me to get the puppy. It is a 3 hour drive. Any suggestions on getting these two acquainted, or will the ride home be wild?
2. What do I do with the puppy the first night, do I crate him, pen off an area, or let him sleep with me and the Shih Tzu?
The puppy is 6 1/2 weeks old. The breeder is going in the hospital, so I am getting him a little early.
Thanks for any input.
I don't think you can predict how your Shih Tzu will react, except for just seeing how he is with other dogs normally. The first night, it is probably best to crate him because if he has an accident you won't want him in the bed, and your Shih Tzu might not be very accepting at first. 6 1/2 weeks old is extremely young for Yorkies, make sure you have the correct supplements to keep him healthy at such a tiny size. Such as nutrical and pedialyte. I'm sure other members will be able to give you more advice. Welcome to YT, it is a great site. Good luck with your new baby, what is his name? and we'd love to see pics
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!