View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:24 AM   #174
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldham View Post
What raw do you feed your dogs? I have one on primal because he was a rescue and all he would eat. He does great on it and eats it quickly. The other two are on natures variety instinct and take forever to eat and my dominant one eats it all up and is getting fat. I heard stella and chewy was good also. Raw is so expensive I am not sure what to do. Thanks.
I feed Primal right now, but I have fed NV before too. I too have heard S&C is great, and Bravo as well . I agree...it isn't cheap. One day though, I actually compared the cost of raw to high-end kibble and while the kibble was cheaper, of course, it wasn't as much as a savings as I'd have thought. So, then I felt better .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Dogs do not need grains. They need specific nutrients, not specific foods.
I agree. Some dogs, for whatever reasons, are on a vegetarian diet and do fabulous - as long as they are getting the right nutrients/balance. While dogs might be designed to digest proteins most efficiently and grains less efficiently, they can still thrive on various diets.

Humans aren't designed to smoke cigarettes, yet some smokers live to be over a 100yrs old and claim to have have great health. My point is, a body can thrive under lots of variable circumstances. It's no different for dogs.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!