View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
breezylover328
Yorkie Yakker

Cry idk who else to go to

first im gonna start that this thread is about a cat, not my yorkie. but i know everyone here loves animals probbably just as much as i do and the pain you have to go through when you realize you have to put one of your best friends to sleep. ady is about 13 years old. i am currently 16 and i have had this cat through everything. an abusive stepdad, drunk fights, bad boyfriends, etc. a few months ago she threw up, pure blood. no food, nothing. just blood. i took her to this horrible vet that told us that she probably ate something bad and was getting it out of her system and gave her a de wormer. but i knew that wasnt it. she is my cat and i know when something is wrong. but hey, am i a vet? no. so i waited a few weeks to see if she got better. then she started loosing wieght. when she was younger she had gotten attacked and had to go through a large surgery and they had to strech the skin on her stomach to cover the wounds, so she had alot of extra skin and lets just say she wasnt a small little thing. in fact, before she got sick she was overwieght. but she lost weight. alot of it. so much that when i touch her all i feel is bones which isnt like my ady. so we took her to another vet, which i heard great reviews on. as soon as he saw her, he pulls down her eyelids and said, "this cat is severly dehydrated". great now i feel horrible. she is a outside cat and we have 3 cats who drink and eat out of the same containers ( i know its bad). so he put a IV in her and pumped some liquid in her. then he took some blood (which took a while because he was so skinny) and tested for feline aids, cancers and liver failure, etc and she was fine with everything. so he gave me some meds and nutical to feed her to try and make her gain wieght back and the meds were to get out an infection that was in her stomach, if any. while i was away in maine, my mom gave her meds but called me and said that she wasnt getting any better. so she took her to the vet and he said that he could take blood and send it away for farther testing, but it was expensive and honenstly we just dont have a couple hundred dollars to send blood just to find out what is wrong THEN to fix the problem. when she went back to the vet she had lost another 1.5 pounds. she wasnt eating dry food or water. so i went the other day and got some good wet food (idk, i thought maybe it would help). she ate it up, then later threw it all up. i fed her more the next day, and she threw it up. this morning after not eating (not sure about water, since i keep her in my room with a bowl of fresh water but i cant tell if she drank any) she tried to throw up again but since no food was in her she just threw up lucus. however, she is peeing in the litter box so she must be drinking, right? i love this cat and i do not want her to starve to death and i know cats will hide thier pain. i think its fine to realize that i need to let her go and stop being selfish for trying to keep her alive when i just cant do much more without spending atleast another 1000 on her. this brakes my heart and i cry about it all the time.
am i a bad pet owner because i cant afford to help her?
should i keep trying with the food?

im sorry again, i know this is for yorkies but i dont have many others to turn to who love animals just as much as i do.
if anyone could give some type if feedback i would greatly thank you..
thanks again for reading..

xoxo dyandra..
breezylover328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!