View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
mojo
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBabyFynnlie View Post
So, I feel kinda silly asking this but since you have all been there and done that, I need to know. I'm getting my baby boy Fynnlie at the end of this month. He'll be my first Yorkie.

One of my mother's friends is on her second Yorkie and she said that for the first six months or so, I had better be there with him at all times. Now, I wish this were possible but I just started a new job and I don't think I'll be able to bring him to work with me everyday. NOT that I haven't asked my boss, because I totally have.

But, what do I do? If I can't bring him to work with me, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll seriously have a panic attack if I'm sitting there worrying that he's at home, scared and missing me and I'll be thinking that something's going to happen! She said that it was possible for him to have an anxiety attack so bad that it could cause a heart attack and he could DIE! She also said that if he isn't fed every few hours and let out to go to the bathroom that he'll die!

I mean, what do I do? Really? I'm scared and nervous and I feel like an new mom and it's worrying me to death. I just don't know what to do! If anyone could give me any advice, I would appreciate it so much. Like, really. So much!

Thanks!
No, your puppy will not have an attack and die and I find it odd somebody would tell you that.
I have 3 yorkies and I did take at least a few days off or more when I got them to get them used to their surroundings. I would recommend getting him late friday or early saturday so you can have the weekend with your baby.
What I did for many, many months was drive home at lunch to let my pup out potty and get a little attention. Would it be possible for you to do that?
I think things will be fine, don't let this lady scare you or make getting your pup a bad/scary experience.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!