View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
LDandPasquale
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I agree. My 24 year old dtr has been battling swollen knees and most recently her elbow. After many trips to a bone and joint doc it was determined she needed to see a rheumatologist. They have the worse hours for working people. She is newer on her job,5 person office,no sick time or vacation time and works from 8:30 to 5. There isn't a rheumatologist that is open before or after those hours. I finally made her go and she had to switch her lunch hour with someone else and we were gone way longer than her hour lunch. She was diagnosed with active inflammatory spondyloarthritis. They put her on strong medicines and she needs to be seen every 4 weeks. Doctor gave he a note to give her employer but she is afraid to show him. Anyway I called yesterday to get her her next 4 week appointment and the only early appointment they have that she can get
is mid September. Are you kidding me. What are working people to do. Jobs are hard to come by and you don't want to take time off.
Did you tell the secretary that the Doctor wanted to see her in 4 weeks? Usually when i see my Rheumatologist, at the end of the appointment she walks me to the appt booking room and tells the girl when she wants to see me next. I have inflamatory arthritis and that seems like an awfully long time to wait til September!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!