View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
BowBizDogBows
SUSAN
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I have a question. The groomer is always able to get a bow in Lucy's hair and it will stay for several days.

When I try to put a bow on (granted it's flimsy with one tiny band) . . it lasts about 1 hour.

What would you recommend to help me to get one of your bows to stay ~ I want to order but not sure if I need a barrette or if that would come out right away. She WILL make an effort to get the bow out by rubbing her head, etc.

Thanks! Your bows are beautiful!
Thanks for the nice words!

If Lucy, as you say, WILL try to get her bow out, I'd suggest that it'd be best to start with something lightweight. Generally I recommend just using a grooming band until she gets used to having her hair up and with barely anything there, then trying a small lightweight bow - and as she gets accustomed to having something in her hair, move to something larger if you wish. I wouldn't start with a bow that has a large (heavier) center since she'll be more aware of it and will be more likely to try to get it out of her hair.

As far as putting the bows in, instead of trying to explain everything in writing and rambling on forever... I'll direct you to a little tutorial (both video and photo) on my site which shows how to put in a bow.

Placing Bows - Photos & Video

All BowBiz bows come with two durable bands on the back which I find generally stay quite well put. Using the method above in the photos/video (with the extra band), the bow should stay in place.

I do, however, have customers who prefer a French Barrette or Alligator Clip backing - even just for ease of putting the bow on ... (no fussing with bands on back of bows). It really is a matter of personal preference and what works best for you.

If you decide to use a French Barrette or Alligator Clip, you can make your topknot and then slide the barrette/clip under the band. This will keep the bow from coming off (since the band is keeping it in place).

To demonstrate this, I just took a quick photo for you (bear in mind my "model" is quite tiny so the barrette looks huge... also I didn't have any bows with barrettes on them so I just put a barrette on for you to see.) Anyway, it'll give you a general idea of what I'm talking about. With the barrette under the band, it can't easily slide off.

I hope this helps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg french_barrette_inserted.jpg (29.5 KB, 4 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!