View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
tallyclassic
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default We Miss You, Keesha

On July 5, 2010 our sweet little girl was overcome by cancer. 6 days before, I found a lump under her front armpit. We took her to the vet for tests and waited until Friday for the biopsy results. We had the entire holiday weekend to spend with her, but the afternoon of when we got the positive cancer results, she began throwing up and could not hold food down more than 4 hours. How could this be happening?
We were in denial probably for most of it, begging her to pull thru. All the while she’s prancing and playing with her toys….lots of licks to our faces inbetween.
The morning was very quick for us. Rushing to get to the dr. early Monday morning so we could be so happy that we could take out her one tumor. But with as sick as she was getting, we calculated her odds from 50/50 on Friday when we got the biopsy, to preparing ourselves Sunday nite that it was probably down to 20/80. We just didn’t want it to be true.
We never left her alone at the vet, always holding her while waiting, not sticking her in the cage out back. She was so glad to be with us, crawling from my arms to Dianes and licking her face with those sweet kisses.
When our doctor said it was bad the dam broke, Keesha didn’t understand. Then to see the xrays and those 3 more big balls inside her organs, there was no hope. It was as bad as it could have been. All this time with those things in her, and all she cared about was loving us. I’m thinking about her as 7lbs of pure love and she gave 110% to us. I love Diane with all my heart, but I believe her legacy will be of how she taught me how to show love everyday. Diane is going to get all of that.

It took almost an hour that the vet let us say our goodbyes. She was her normal self and taking her home would be denial on our part. She would have been exhausted once she was home, and then collapse from lack of food and water. We just couldn’t bring ourselves to then have to go back to the vet. We kind of feel that we were spending the best moments with her and will cherish those final minutes. Keesha went to sleep at 9:45am July 5, 2010 She was born around Dec. 2000

We brought Keesha home with us. Diane held her every moment and for hours on the porch and in the bedroom. She walked her around the yard she loves, showing her all her favorite things. It was so beautiful to see them. I prepared her spot where she’ll rest. Right next to Pumpkin, Razz and Mischief.

The loss gets pretty unbearable sometimes. The house is so full of Keesha’s memories. Every square foot holds memories. She was always close, in our laps, walking with her in our arms. Not to have the physical contact is very hard to deal with. Coming home for the first time last night was something we both dreaded, Diane didn’t want to be the first one home and not have her bounding out the door and scrambling into your arms to overwhelm you with kisses and a wiggling tail. We made it thru and dug weeds that night in the garden, something Keesha loved to help us with….digging holes and sticking her nose down in the dirt, snorting and girgling her throat as she went.
Morning is the hard time for us, realizing it's really happened. The house has been so quiet without her. It is amazing how much energy she had for checking on me, then to Diane, then here, then there. And not being able to hold her……

Keesha gave us a wonderful, wonderful gift. Our hearts practically burst with cherishing her memory.

We love you Keesha XX00XX

keesha.jpg
tallyclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!