View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #12
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie Man View Post
You could try hand feeding her to get her to eat. If she doesn't eat, you can't expect her to do any potty business. The recent spay and any meds she's on may contribute to her behavior. Is she used to a crate? If not, she may see this as punishment. A good alternative is to use an x-pen (a 4 X 4 portable pen) with the crate inside there. The crate can be left open with her bedding inside and her food and water dish, along with a potty area, set up in the pen. Did the former owner tell you what she is used to? Starting there and modifying it slowly for your life style may help avoid some of the shock of transition.
Welcome to YT and congrats on the new baby! I also got and older baby and I agree with Woggie Man, they take a bit to transition. I was Kaji's person, and well, he would freak when I wasn't there. It took time but he settled in nicely. I had an expen for him for when I was at work and the first thing I did was take him to potty and he always accepted being placed in there. He plays now, and is learning to differentiate my family by name. It's really cute! If you ever have trouble with anything, don't be afraid to post.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!