View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #47
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslissa View Post
I will admit when i got Gatsby i did consider breeding him. after all why not right its just a quick way to make some money? WRONG. it still upsets me that people i know and care about think breeding dogs is a okay thing to do for some extra cash, I hate that.

nearly a year ago i got my wake up call in more ways then one the day i brought Gatsby home from the hospital after a blood transfusion i got a call from my cousin saying there dog had had 4 puppies and she was frothing at the mouth and shaking real bad by the time i got thear she had had one more puppy and was just laying thear like she was dead. when we got to the vet he said her puppies wear to big and birth nearly killed her and what my cousin described had probably been a seizure. i was so scared for this little girl. but i took her home and the kids promised me they would call me if thear was another problem a week later i got a call from one of the kids saying thear dad had dumped mom and the puppies in a church parking lot again i went out to find her when i got thear the puppies wear cold and wet and i could not find mom it took us an hour to find her and get her in the car thankfully she trusted me. so then i had 5 puppies covered in fleas with upper respiratory infections that i felt responsible for in another week the pups combined outweighed mom with all of her extra weight from having been pregnant now i was nursing two pups around the clock as well as taking care of mom and my 3 dogs in the end mo weighed 12 pounds and as adult dogs the puppies weighed 8,12,16,16 and 20 pounds now i own one of the pups and my best friend has one the other three and mom belong to the same family they are all fixed and liveing happy lives as spoiled babies but after my experience with them i would never ever breed a dog especially not my baby.
Hi Misslissa,
thanks for posting your experience. I know it is not easy to be typing it in all the time, but i wanted to encourage you to share this in some of these "accidental breed" threads... who knows, maybe someone can see and think about it, and maybe someone who would be otherwise rejecting the good advice to spay and neuter can have a feel from reading your experience.
I am glad to hear that at the end all was good for this momma dog and her pups, and you stepped up to responsibilities that were never yours, but you got rewarded with a happy ending and a lot of wisdom that you can share.
This thread is really awesome, i hope will be live for a while.
Blessings.
XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!