View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #14
YorkichonBella
My little Shadow
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisleesmommy View Post
Thank you everyone!! She is 14 weeks this week and I've had her since she was 9 weeks! I'm a first time yorkie owner and so far so good. I live by myself and I was wondering when I can start leaving her by herself for short periods of time? (Like longer than 5 minutes). I start school in August and she will have to be home alone for about 5 hours a day. Any suggestions that might make her less lonely?

9 wks is so very young to be weaned from her Mom. I know you, "her Mommie now" wants the very best for her. At this young stage, just be careful with the toys she has to play with. Nothing that she can rip off, like plastic eyes on stuffed animals, etc. Soft snuggly blankets, of course will be great to comfort her. Will she be puppy pad trained while you're gone? It's important to keep her confined in a small space during the puppy stage for her safety. They definitely go through the chewing phase, but it doesn't last forever, thank goodness. I wish you the very best. Have Fun with Aislee!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!