View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
TankNPico
Yorkie Yakker

Question Just got 4 month old "Tank". Knees?

Let me start by saying I don't have a digital camera (broken) so I don't have a picture yet to post but will do so as soon as I finish the 35mm roll of film and have it developed this weekend.

My daughter's boyfriend bought her Tank (after YEARS of my lectures about NOT buying any puppy without letting me research breeder first) but only 2 weeks later her daughter moved into her own apartment which left Tank alone all day. My daughter knew that wasn't good or right so she brought him to me July 4 weekend. The intent was to find him a permanent home because I could not afford another pet. My Maltese with MVD and monthly grooming was all I could afford.

A week later, the only 2 prospects I would consider giving Tank to fizzled out but it was too late anyway. Tank had won my husband's and my hearts. Not so much Pico's. He's a 9 year old Maltese and just does not see any value in rough-housing and racing around and is vocal in letting Tank know this.

But Tank is smart, cute as a button and a lively addition to our household. I am purchasing pet insurance b4 getting him neutered and am just crossing my fingers that I won the genetic lottery and his health will be ok. I home cook for Pico and am considering doing the same for Tank.

The biggest issue right now is Tank's athleticism. He will fly off the back of a chair or sofa, sail several feet into the air and he's off and running. Even though he will "use" the stairs we have everywhere for Pico, he actually just leaps from the top, skimming over the stairs going down. I'm concerned that this will luxate his patelars. Any thoughts on this?

Gratefully,
Pico 'n Tank's Mom
TankNPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!