Thread: Runny Stool
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubedo View Post
The Vet's appointment is actually tomorrow.

But I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to solve this problem.

I spoke to the vet in the beginning and she said the diarrhea initially was from lack of eating.

I checked the Dog Food Advisor and it said the Nutro Natural Choice was 4 stars but I think I'm going to look into Acana, but I'm a little hesitant because I'll be stuck with food if she decides not to like that one. Lol.
Gotcha! Let us know how the vet appt. goes

I've heard of pumpkin helping upset stomachs. My friend gives her yorkie plain yogurt sometimes and it seems to help him.

Nutro, ingredient-wise, is considered a decent food. I just don't trust the company. It's been recalled many times and been linked to death, seizures, etc in dogs. It's not something I would feel comfortable feeding (I fed it when he was a pup for a week before finding out all the info!)

If you have a pet specialty-type store near ya, they usually have sample bags! Which is a BIG help in finding the right dog food. lol. Alot of companies will mail you samples directly to your home too. My local store has little .88lb bag of Acana and Orijen, I bought those first before buying the bigger bag. I remember Taste of the Wild mailing me sample bags a while back, and I think Fromm send me coupons with like $5 off and buy one, get one free, etc. Also, most places if you buy a big bag and only use a few scoops, will take the food back with a receipt.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!