View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
jrsummersill1
Yorkie Talker

Little whip--The Temaril-P only contains 2mg of Prednisolone and I usually give her 1/2 tablet a day or 1mg of Prednisolone as I have gradually reduced it from the originally prescribed 1 tablet twice a day. The 1/2 tablet once a day controlls her itching to where she almost doesn't itch at all whereas before she itched constantly until her hair fell out and she was bloody and scabby. She has gained a little weight since we've had her, but I attribute that more to the snacks my husband likes to give her and my other dogs. With this diagnosis, however, that is being cut out completely. I also don't excercise her as this causes episodes which also doesn't help with the weight gain. I don't have to sedate her, but would like to have the oxygen on hand in case the need for it ever suddenly arises. Thank goodness, it has never gotten that bad. About the fan, is it just a regular household fan and does that help Molly? We were using a fan in our room and Sunshine had a penchant for sleeping in front of it, but when she would start coughing I thought maybe the fan was irritating her. Maybe I was wrong and it really helps? What is c/a? I hope it works out for you and Molly when you go back to the vet. This is a terrible condition and I just don't understand why there is not more they can do to correct it. If it were a person, they would have figured something out by now.
jrsummersill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!