View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #13
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifeandshaffer View Post
i buy the beef,, shaffer has issues if he eats chicken so i try to stay away from chicken, i tried the duck shaffer didnt love it and im not sure the cutters mill near me has the lamb, ill try one in the am and half at lunch, how much do consider a little bit of dry? I hope once cooper gets use to it here i can leave the dry down all the time and he wont just pig out and eat the entire bowl. he isnt food aggressive but he seems like he eats to store up because he doesnt know when his next meal will be. he takes his treats nice and food nice from my hand that only took a day to learn. He doesnt like to wait if shaffer gets a treat first ,, im trying to teach him to take turns shaffer could care less he knows he will get it now or 2 seconds later but i want cooper to wait nicely
You didn't say which TOTW dry you are feeding, both the wetland and the prairie have chicken meal in it. The pacific stream has none. For all formulas the daily adult amount for a 3lb dog is 1/3-1/2. Since he's basically had his daily amount in the freeze dried i'd only give him like an 1/8 of a cup of the dry or like a tiny handful. i know it seems like a tiny amount of food all day between the 1.5 patty and the 1/8 of dry but he's a tiny guy. If you can, take him to the vet weekly just to pop him on a scale to see how he's doing. You don't want to over do it with the food and make him chubby. once he gets to his ideal weight you can back off a little on one of his meals.

this is just a general guideline of my opinion of what i would do. You will probably have to alter some things based on your particular situation with cooper.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!