View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 03:30 AM   #11
majesticyorkies
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifeandshaffer View Post
he is a gem so far, I had to pu fife down only a few weeks ago, I was devistated, I found an online chat group that helped me after fife died I knew I wanted to get another dog soon because shaffer was so lost and needed a buddy, I was scared to get another dog because fife and shaffer while totally dof dogs were are both great i wondered how the next one would be, I said to the chat group that I was worried that while I felt I had 2 mercedes of dogs what if the next one was a skate board,
they replied skate boards need love too.
he is turning out to be a very compact mercedes. Im sure he is happy
he found me but im happy i found him too
I still miss fife and part of my heart will always miss him but cooper is helping me heal, and watching how nice shaffer is with him makes me happy, Shaffer thinks its silly he does a trick or sits stays for a piece of dry kibble but cooper hasnt caught on yet
Cooper will just keep doing what you are doing, some babies take longer than others to learn. Considering his start in life, he will more than likely take longer to learn. A few of my babies came from breeders who did not work with them, it took me a few months to be frank to get them to learn their new way of life, One my poodle Pappy 13 yrs now was from a Puppy milll he was very sick and never potty trained, It took a a Year for him. Working everyday with him of course he had to get better after 2,000 spent out at the vet on him. Give Cooper more time, a week isn't long at all. If he never even knew his name that in itself can take up to a week for a baby to learn. if he caught on to that pretty quick then he can learn tricks, and how to wait for his food, He just needs more time to do so. He could have some issues for the rest of his life. I can't tell you for sure, but you sound like your willing to work through them. You can teach an old dog new tricks, Pappy my poodle was 6 when I rescued him.. He took the longest of any too train but I understood why because of his past. If this breeder is a friend of yours I don't mean to make you made but I consider a yorkie being fed cheap dog food and not knowing his name not to have been taken very good care of. Plus if he was only fed this cheap food and you are feeding the really good stuff I can see why he just can't wait to get somemore. I hope this helps I have 5 babies 3 were rescues and I beleive is doing that if you can, It sounds like to me he needed to be rescued, Just give him more time.I am so very sorry you lost your sweet baby too by the way I am 41 and have lost some wonderful babies in my life. I so feel your pain dear. I really do, We have a fourm here and people are really nice for babies that have passed. you may all ready know that but I go their sometimes just give my sympathy to those who are hurting. when I lost my very first yorkie nakeda I had to have another one just to ease the pain. I do know how you feel again I am soo very sorry for your loss. Blessings
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!