View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
majesticyorkies
YT 500 Club Member

Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifeandshaffer View Post
hi i have a new yorkie as of last week, he is much smaller than my other 2 yorkies, my one was about 6 pounds and my other is a little chubby at about 9ish, I always fed my 2 dogs a can of evo a day they split it, and dry taste of the wild whenever they wanted it was left down all the time,,, and treats and chewies when i saw fit, i also soemtimes changed out the evo with stella and chewy dehydrated burgers as i call them. never had a problem before my dogs shaffer and fife knew whose was whose and they respected it. fife is no longer here sadky he had ct and needed 2 b pts. I now have cooper who is 2 years old and a little over 3 pounds my vet said he could gain a half pound but do it gradually, cooper seems to always be hungry he doesnt beg or anythong like that just always alert on food, i never had such a small dog so i am looking to see what others are feeding dogs about 3 pounds

thanks so much
What was he eating before you got him? It doesn't sound to me like he is unhealthy, sometimes some Yokies just love food. Not a bad thing.. If he only needs to gain a half a pound he sounds ok. Due get some karo surup for him or nutrcal as the tiny ones can have sugar drops, just rub it ion his gums should he seem to not eat. I would just continue with what you are doing. As Nancy 1999 said to do or maybe feed him alittel extra it will not hurt a thing. I do hope this helps some. You can find a lot more info here just look through the theads. If I found an older thread that may help you I will post it up for you. Good luck with your new baby. Blessings
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!