View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

If cooper is healthy then he can eat the same thing shaffer is eating. I feed taste of the wild pacific salmon because it has the lowest amount of protein among all the flavors. I used to feed Innova but once proctor and gamble bought them out i switched. Stella and Chewy's "burgers" are great. I love the raw food diet and used to feed Nature's Variety and Primal to my yorkie but she has a slight liver problem so i felt it was best to back off the raw.

Even though cooper needs to gain weight you don't want to do it by overfeeding him now. If he's on a balanced diet with the proper amount of food for his size he will gradually gain the weight and balance out at a good weight. Several small meals throughout the day will help. If the dry is left out all day and he's constantly eating from it then i'd pick that up and just do scheduled feedings. if he just picks at the dry then i feel its ok to leave it out. You can then take the proper amount of the dehydrated raw for his weight range and break that into 3-4 meals throughout the day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!