View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #33
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKIGIRL10 View Post
When I purchased the puppy from the store it was from a friend that worked there. I had asked her if they were from a puppy mill and she promised they weren't. =(

I think it's a common misconception that a puppy mill is always a huge operation hidden in the back hills some place. It makes it easier for a store and it's employees to say they don't buy from one if they are purchasing from smaller distributors. Not all puppy mills are the kind you see getting raided on tv. In reality, it's not the size of the breeder that makes them a puppy mill, but their general practices. IMO, it has more to do with the the way the dogs are treated- they aren't cherished members of the family with careful attention to the health and welfare of all involved, and that includes knowing exactly who their puppies are going home with. They aren't bred with the intention of making the breed stronger, but rather with making a profit. And there isn't any long term relationship with the breeder and the owner to ensure that the dog is being cared for the way it deserves.

And it's obvious you love Suki. You wouldn't be here asking questions otherwise.

Last edited by Rhetts_mama; 07-10-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Rhetts_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!