View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 04:56 AM   #6
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktyrrell View Post
thanks ladies...

i never knew having a little dog, could be so much work. But I am a stay at home mom and surely have the time to make this a great experience for Bella. I love her so much!
Congratulations on your new pup.

Potty training is such a frustrating time. Someone has already mentioned limiting her space. Excellent advice. I always ask my clients, what they did when they brought their human babies home from the hospital? Did they put the baby in the middle of the floor and tell them here's your new home?
I also tell them that this is an infant, expect no miracles until they are 6 months of age. At this young age, your pup is growing, teething and has the attention span of an gnat.

A pup, like a child has to earn the right to have more access to the home. Set up an excercise pen, with a small crate, piddle pad, water and toys.

Another thing to keep in mind. Your pup was taken from it's mother at a very young age. From the age of 8 weeks to 12 weeks, mothers do so much training.

No, newspaper, no using your hand, no stopping in the middle of your pup doing it's business and rushing them outside and absolutely no rubbing their nose in it. Everything should be done as positive reinforcement. Have patience and be consistent.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!