View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 04:49 AM   #5
winston2010
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I am new also

My Winston is also 9 wk I have him in a crate that allows me to make it small enough that all he can do he is stand, turn around, and sleep. I have puppy pads downs and he is making use of them for the most part. the main thing I hear is not let them have the hold house. He is only allowed in the washroom area that I blocked off or the kitchen where I can always watch him. I never had a boy before so its new to me. Take her out every 20-25 min for a while until she gets what you want. I am doing pads because winters are sometime cold here, might try out later. Praise her big time when she does. but don't give up they are still young. I had an old english for 16 yr.and she was totally different. Yorkies themself I can see are very different but he is as loving as Lady, my old english was. Good Luck hang in here, Winston gets so excited when I praise him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dktyrrell View Post
Good morning all,

I have a 9 wk old yorkie, her name is Bella. I absolutely love her, but she is starting to make my house her bathroom. I will take her out in the morning and then not even 15 min after I bring her in, she does it again. I am hearing, that I should take a newspaper, but she is so small, that I hear that could hurt her. I dont know what I am doing wrong. Please any advice would be helpful.

Also, I have her in a small kennel, but she still does her business in it every once in a while. What is the trick to that? Do I need to get her a smaller kennel, make a divider so that her kennel is not so big.

Thanks again,
Dawnn

Last edited by winston2010; 07-10-2010 at 04:53 AM.
winston2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!