View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
KashasMom
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
LadyMom just posted this link about food allergies, it's great: Only Natural Pet Store - Dogs Cats Holistic Supplies Products Food Treats Vitamins Medicine Supplements

This is one for pet allergies, overall, that I like too: Pet Care Library: Allergies in Dogs

If you switch to a new food, just make sure you're choosing a novel protein (one she hasn't eaten before). Omega 3s can be helpful in dogs w/ allergies - the vet derms we've seen say they are worth a try.

So, she does itch all year round then? Not worse during pollen season?
I actually read that article and it got me really started on this. So many of those symptoms are ones that Frosty has. Great article!

I was going to go with Chicken, but I'm sure that chicken meal was in her food. Should I choose another?

We live in Fla, the pollen is 11/12 months Lol But it doesn't seem to be related to any sort of bloom or environmental source that I can tell. She itches on a pretty constant basis ( and even though my mom has moved within the last year)

I'm going to try the switch next week (Kasha is getting spayed tomorrow so I'll have my hands FULL!) Fingers crossed it works!

Thanks for the great input!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!