View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
KashasMom
YT Addict

Default Food Allergies .. Help!

I have a non-yorkie question, and I wouldn't even know to ask this ... if it wasn't for the wealth of knowledge I have absorbed in the last 3 months from everyone here on YT.

My family dog is a 9 year old White Scottish Terrier (we bred our little back Scottie who was AKC... the whole deal with another Black ACK Scottie and got her!) Frosty. She has always been itchy(paws and back) & always had a fairly consistent ear infection. But since we lost her momma in Feb, it seems to be getting worse. My mom has always had the girls on Nutro but recently changed to Sensitive Stomach. I have been trying to convince her to get off this food with all the recalls & known allergens associated but she has been feeding it for almost 12 years and is stuck in her ways.

Finally with much begging and pleading on my part she will allow me to try Frozen Raw for Frosty to see if it alleviates her allergies. From what I have read I should do this for 8 weeks or more to really see results, anyone suggest differently? Also, should I include Omega 3's to boost results, reduce inflammation & help her joints (she's not a spring chicken anymore)? I went cold turkey with Kasha but I don't want to upset the balance of my stubborn little Scottie(they give Yorkies a run for their money) Any advice, information or opinions in general would be useful.

- I should also add this ... my moms in a tight spot with $$ so before running tests & dealing with Banfield I would like to see if this will help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shunk shrost.jpg (179.0 KB, 8 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!