View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 06:10 AM   #8
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
This is very common, and you are so right in not correcting her. Also, you are correct in not having your friend pet her.
I had this same problem you're having. By the way, my baby was 1 so I don't think they all "outgrow it." Nancy suggested the same thing, which helped tremendously. One thing I did add on to Kaji's routine was that he only got cuddles, or spoken to after he went pee pee outside. Since no one else takes him, I had to train him myself to go run to a patch of grass, or now run to his piddle pad before I can pick him up and tell him what a smart boy he is and how much I missed him while I was out. It's turned into the weirdest greeting. I open the door, he runs like a spazoid in all directions, and then bolts for the piddle pad. He then prances out of the bathroom because he knows the praise is coming. He's so cute!

If you know that you're friend is coming over, take your little one out to do her business before hand. Exercise her a bit to use up her energy. It'll be easier for you because you'll know when your friend is coming so you can prepare for her arrival. For me I think it was a little more difficult because I'm Kaji's primary caretaker, and his trainer and the cause of the excited peeing.

Last edited by DvlshAngel985; 07-08-2010 at 06:13 AM.
DvlshAngel985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!