Thread: People Dogs
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

I placed a puppy with a young couple , both of them work ... they had a dog walker coming in every day for a while, 2 times, to play and be there with 'Ollie" , then as he grew up , they decided to send Ollie 2 times a week to doggi day care so he can be socialized and the other 3 days they would stil have the dog walker only one time per day. Eventually they added another one, Clementine, again did the same routine, 2 times a day dog walker... then 1 time a day after she grew up. Now Ollie and Clementine make each other company during the day while their humans go to work, they still go to doggi day care once a week, but they are trained to 'go" outside, so the dog walker comes once a day anyways. I usually prefer to place my puppies with people who stay home or work from home, but was i ever so pleased with these people, they had all figured out when they came here for their first visit. Then we discussed it for a while and they proved me more than able to be great parents to 2 of my yorkies. They are about a year apart from each other ... What i want to say is, with good planning and thinking ahead you can make arrangements to have a healthy happy dog, even if you need to go to work, or go back to school or else ...
I am sure you figure something out !
Blessings
XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!