View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
Rachael x
Poppy's Mamma ♥
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 036 Help me with my 7 week old pup!

Hi,

A friend of my boyfriend has 3 yorkies (2 bitches and 1 dog) and one of the bitches had a littler of puppies which I took my pup from.
I was told I could pick her up when she was 8 weeks old as that is the youngest they can be taken here in the UK.
She is the runt of the litter and when I went to visit her she was quite thin and would be pushed out the way at feeding time by the other pups.
I picked her up last week thinking she was 8 weeks old as told, she is very small but like I said she was the runt and to be honest I have never had a yorky before so didn't really know what to expect.
Anyway I had her for about 3 days when I found out she was 6 weeks NOT 8 weeks! I was furious.

I was about to give the pup back but to be honest she is doing better with me then she was back with her mam, she has put on weight and has come out of her shell and is very playful.
And to be perfectly honest I didn't want to give her back to them because if they would give her away so young they arn't exactly responsible so I would rather she was with me where she is well looked after.

I took her to the vets yesterday and the vet says she is fine, she checked her ears, eyes and heart and asked me all sorts of questions about feeding and going potty and said she was doing well.
She also said she weighs about a pound.
She is eating well and has put on weight, she is on canned puppy food (meat) 4 times a day eating all of her meals and I did have her on puppy milk but the vet told me to take her off it and just give her water or she may get the runs.
She is going potty regularly and everything looks normal and she seems much happier then when I visited her before we got her.

I am still very angry at the fact they would let the pups go so young and also at the fact that they told me she would be 8 weeks old then.
But the friend who I got her from, his dad has just died and he was the one who went out to work and brought the money into the house.
Now he is gone his mam is working but they are really struggling for money and I think they needed the money from the puppies ASAP without having to spend money on there shots which is why I think they have done what they have done.
It dosn't make it right but in a way I see whats happend.

So basically I need to know if there is anything I should be doing?
The vet says she is fine and to keep doing what I am doing with her at the moment.
She is booked in for her first needle next friday and until then she is not going outside and has not been in direct contact with my other dog (who has had her shots) and she has also been wormed with worming syrup.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks xx
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!